Workshop researchers 2006: A retrospect
In advance of the conference on September 29th 2006, about 30 researchers met in a workshop held on January 27th 2006 at NWO in The Hague. The objective was to inform each other about their historical/demographic research ideas. This workshop was organized by NIWI-KNAW and DANS as part of the Dutch census digitization project.
During the workshop the following matters were discussed:
For more information, see the Power Point presentations in the right column (in Dutch).
- The project activities which were conducted, and led to the digitization of the population census and life courses,
- The results of a user study of the Dutch census website,
- ICT facilities for systematic table searching and the sharing of ideas through a virtual forum and collaboratory,
- New developments on microdata services and the results of the Integrated Public Use Microdata Series (IPUMS) project, both presented by Statistics Netherlands, and
- The researchers' contribution to both the conference and the proceedings to be published in 2007.