The 1879 population census is published into 12 sections.
Sections 1 to 11 include data by province. Section 12 includes a general overview.
The structure of each section is as follows:
Section 12 also includes two alphabetical name lists:
- Introduction to the tables
- First part: local classification: houses (uninhabited or not), inhabited ships, counted persons.
- Second part: classification to housing
- Third part: classification to birthplace, area in hectares and ares, and population density
- Fourth part: classification to civil status, birthyear, and age
- Fifth part: classification to religion
- Villages, hamlets and water boards