The 1849 population census was published in 1852 into 4 volumes. Of each province there is the following division:
- small tables: give a summary of the large files.
- first part: includes population data by district (houses, households, inhabitants, civil status, birthplace, and religion divided into females and men).
- second part: implies the addition of three columns to the information of the first part. These columns include the totals of houses, the totals of inhabited houses and boats, and the totals of both sexes.
- third part: includes the division of the population into age, sex, and civil status.
- fourth part: includes the division of the population into occupation, sex, and age category.